The Heifer (Al-Baqarah)
This is the Book in which there is no doubt, a guide for the righteous.
3 The righteous are those who:
- believe in the unseen
- perform the prayers
- give from what We have provided for them.
- believe 4 in what was revealed to you
- are certain of the Hereafter.
- guided 5 from their Lord.
These are the successful.
The Fake Believers
6 The disbelievers will disbelieve whether you have warned them or not.
7 Allah has sealed their hearts and hearing. Their vision is a veil.
- They will have a severe torment.
8 They will say: “We believe in Allah and in the Last Day.”
- But they are not believers.
9 They seek to deceive Allah and those who believe.
- But they only deceive themselves without them knowing it.
10 In their hearts is sickness.
- Allah has increased their sickness.
- They will have a painful punishment because of their denial.
11 People say to them: “Do not make trouble on earth”
- But they will reply: “We are only reformers.”
12 In fact, they are the troublemakers without them knowing it.
13 They will say “We will not believe what fools have believed”
- But in fact, it is they who are the fools, but they do not know.
14 Some will pretend to believe. But they will say to themselves: “We were only ridiculing”
15 It is Allah who ridicules them, and leaves them bewildered in their transgression.
16 They have bartered error for guidance.
- But their trade does not profit them, and they are not guided.
17 They are like a person lighting a fire.
- Allah took away their light and left them in dark, unable to see.
18-19 They are deaf, dumb, blind.
- They will not return.
They are like a dark cloud with thunder and lightning.
- They press their fingers into their ears from the thunderbolts, in fear of death.
- The 20 lightning almost snatches their sight away.
- Whenever it illuminates for them, they can walk
- But when it grows dark, they stand still.