Adam and the JewsJanuary 30, 2022
22 Allah sustains you. Therefore, do not assign rivals to Allah.
23 If you doubt the Prophet Mohammad, then call your witnesses if you are truthful.
- But 24 you will not—then beware the Fire whose fuel is people and stones, prepared for the disbelievers.
25 To those who believe and do righteous deeds, give the good news that they will:
- have gardens beneath which rivers flow
- be provided with fruit therefrom as sustenance
- have pure spouses there who will live with them forever.
26 The disbelievers will say: “What did Allah intend by this example?” He leads many astray and guides many.
Reply that Allah misleads only the evildoers.
27 The losers are those who:
- violate Allah’s covenant after its confirmation
- sever what Allah has commanded to be joined
- commit evil on earth
- gave you life
- will put you to death
- will bring you to life
- return you to Himself
How can you deny Allah?
- created for you everything on earth
- then turned to the heaven and made them 7 heavens
30 Allah said to the angels that He is placing a successor on earth. The angels said “Will You place in it someone who will cause corruption in it and shed blood, while we declare Your praises and sanctify You?”
He replied: “I know what you do not know.”
31 He taught Adam the names, all of them; then he presented them to the angels, and said, “Tell Me the names of these, if you are sincere.”
32 They said, “Glory be to You! We have no knowledge except what You have taught us.
33 He said, “O Adam, tell them their names.”
When he told them their names, He said, “Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of the heavens and the earth, and that I know what you reveal and what you conceal?”
34 We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam.”
- They bowed down, except for Satan.
- He refused, was arrogant, and was one of the disbelievers.
35 We said, “O Adam, inhabit the Garden, you and your spouse, and eat from it freely as you please, but do not approach this tree, lest you become wrongdoers.”
36 But Satan caused them to slip from it, and caused them to depart the state they were in.
We said, “Go down, some of you enemies of one another. And you will have residence on earth, and enjoyment for a while.”
37 Then Adam received words from his Lord, so He relented towards him.
38-39 We said, “Go down from it, all of you. Yet whenever guidance comes to you from Me, then whoever follows My guidance—they have nothing to fear, nor shall they grieve.