Abraham's Submission to the LordJanuary 27, 2022
124-12 After the Lord tested Abraham, He said:
My pledge does not include the wrongdoers.
We made the Kabah a focal point and sanctuary for the people. Use the shrine of Abraham as a place of prayer.
We commissioned Abraham and Ishmael to sanctify My House for those who:
- circle around it
- seclude themselves in it, and
- kneel and prostrate.”
127 Abraham raised the foundations of the House, together with Ishmael.
Lord, accept it from us.
- Make us submissive to You.
- Fom our descendants, make a [Muslim] nation submissive to You.
- Show us our rites
- Accept our repentance.
- 129 Raise up among them a messenger who will:
- recite to them Your revelations
- teach them the Book and wisdom
- purify them.
130-131 Only fools would forsake the religion of Abraham. We chose him in this world, and in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.
133 When death approached Jacob, he said to his sons:
134 That was how the nation was formed. They have earned what they have earned, just as you will earn what you will earn. You will not be questioned about what they used to do.
135 The Jews and Christians say: “Be Jews or Christians, and you will be guided.”
- We follow the religion of Abraham, the Monotheist. He was not an idolater.
We believe in:
- Allah and in what was revealed to us and to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs
- what was given to Moses and Jesus
- what was given to the prophets—from their Lord.
- We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we surrender.
137-138 If they believe in the same as you have believed in, then they have been guided.
- But if they turn away, then they are in schism.
- Allah will protect you against them.
139 Reply to them:
- Do you argue with us about Allah?
- Or do you say that Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs were Jews or Christians?
- Do you know better than Allah?
- Anyone who conceals a testimony from Allah does more wrong.