The Characteristics of the JewsJanuary 28, 2022
87 We :
- gave Moses the Scripture, and
- sent a succession of messengers after him
- gave Jesus son of Mary the clear proofs
- supported Jesus with the Holy Spirit.
Whenever a messenger comes to you with anything that your souls do not want, you:
- grow arrogant
- call some impostors, and
- kill the others.
88 The Jews said that they hearts are sealed. Rather, Allah has cursed them for their ingratitude. They have little faith.
89 Previously, the Jews were seeking victory against those who disbelieved.
- A scripture came to them from Allah, confirming what they have.
- But they disbelieved in it.
- 90 They rejected it because they resented the fact that Allah could send down His grace on whomever He chooses.
The Jews believe in what was revealed to them. But they reject anything beyond that.
Ask them: “Why did you kill Allah’s prophets before, if you were believers?”
92-93 Moses came to you with clear proofs, yet you adopted the calf in his absence, and you were wrong.
We made a covenant with you, and raised the Mount above you: “Take what We have given you firmly, and listen.”
They said, “We hear and disobey.”
But they loved the calf [Hinduism?] because of their disbelief.
94-96 Tell them: “If the Final Home with Allah is yours alone, to the exclusion of all other people, then wish for death if you are sincere.”
- But they will never wish for it, because of what their hands have forwarded.
- You will find them, of all mankind, the most eager for life, even more than the polytheists [Hindus?].
- Every one of them wishes to live 1,000 years.
- But long life will not nudge him from the punishment.
97 Tell them: “Gabriel revealed the Quran to your heart by Allah’s permission. The Quran:
- confirmed what preceded it
- is guidance and good news for the believers.”
98 “Whoever is hostile to Gabriel is hostile to Allah, His angels, His messengers, and Michael."
100 Whenever the Jews make a covenant, some of them toss it aside.
- In fact, most of them do not believe.
- 101 A faction of those who were given the Book threw the Book of Allah behind their backs, as if they do not know.
They followed what the devils taught during the reign of Solomon.
- Solomon did not disbelieve, but the devils.
Witchcraft was revealed in Babylon to the 2 angels Harut and Marut.
- Those 2 angels only teach those who:
- know that witchcraft is a test and
- do not misuse withcraft.
- But the Jews
- learned from those 2 how to cause separation between man and his wife
- taught the people that witchcraft.
But the Jews:
- cannot harm anyone except with Allah’s permission.
- learned what would harm them.
- knew that whoever deals in withcraft will have no share in the Hereafter.
They sold their souls for misery.
103 Had they believed and been righteous, the reward from Allah would have been better.
104 Muslims, do not say ambiguous words, but say words of respect, and listen.
- 106 We never nullify a verse, nor cause it to be forgotten, unless We bring one better or similar to it.
- 108 Do you want to demand a miracle from your Messenger as Moses was demanded a miracle before?
105 The disbelieving Jews, Christians, and polytheists do not want any good to be sent down to you from your Lord.
- 109 They wish to turn you back into unbelievers out of envy after the Truth has become clear to them.
- But pardon and overlook, until Allah brings His command.
111 They say: “Only Jews or Christians will enter Heaven.”
- Reply: “Produce your proof, if you are truthful.”
113 The Jews say: “The Christians are not based on anything”
- The Christians say, “The Jews are not based on anything.”
- Yet they both read the Scripture.
- The ignorant said the same thing.
- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection regarding their differences.
114 The most unjust are those who forbid the remembrance of Allah’s name in places of worship, and contributes to their ruin?
- They should not enter them except in fear.
- 114 Allah is everywhere. Whichever way you turn, there is Allah’s presence.
116 The Christians say: “Allah has begotten a son.”
- Allah is more glorified than that.
- Everything in the heavens and the earth belongs and is obedient to Him.
- 117 He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth.
- Whenever He decrees a thing, He says to it, “Be,” and it becomes.
118-119 The ignorant say: “Why does Allah not speak to us, or give us a sign?”
- We have made the signs clear for people who are certain in faith.
120-121 The Jews and the Christians will not approve of you, unless you follow their creed.
- Just reply to them: “Allah’s guidance is the guidance.”
- If you follow them after the knowledge that has come to you, you will have in Allah neither guardian nor helper.
122 O Jews:
- remember My blessing on you, and that I have favored you over all people.
beware of a Day when:
- no soul will avail another soul in any way,
- no ransom will be accepted from it,
- no intercession will benefit it, and
- they will not be helped.