Subtlification or PratisaiṋcaraJanuary 31, 2022
Due to internal clash and cohesion, and division and association amongst the 3 immanent principles (sentient, mutative and static), the resultant force bursts out at any one vertex of the triangle formed due to the ever-flowing eternal force. This leads to the crudification which is the inanimate phase of creation.
In the living bodies after the formation of crudest solid layer, the division and association of matter result in the formation of mind. The process of subtlification or pratisaiṋcara commences at this point.
- the counter-movement wherein the unit mind gets dilated ever-increasingly, the volume and mass of the unit mind increases due to increasing reflection of Cosmic Consciousness
- the cycle for the unit to progress from the crude to the subtle
- where matter gets decimated continuously, until in the end, the unit mind achieves mental liberation. This is called “savikalpa samádhi”
Throughout subtlification, the unit mind or microcosm exists in different stages.
Subtlification is the stage of unit minds.
Each and every atom and molecule of the Macrocosm is nothing but the Macrocosmic Nucleus. It is He who radiates Himself everywhere, also as the witnessing entity.
The Macrocosmic Nucleus radiates and pervades the universe just as the sun prevades the solar system. . Thus, in the Cosmic Mind, both the radiated stuff and the witnessing entity are the Macrocosmic Nucleus Himself.
In subtlification, at the different stages of the unit mind, the Macrocosmic Nucleus is the witnessing entity with all other objects being crude derivatives of mindstuff.
In the phases both of crudification and subtlification, the Macrocosmic Nucleus is the Collective Consciousness that witnesses the microcosms and Macrocosm.
Prota Yoga and Ota Yoga
As witnessing entity, the Macrocosmic Nucleus:
- connects Himself to his mental object with the help of His illusion or Avidyámáyá and
- reflects Himself on the object through His mindstuff-power or Citishakti.
This reflection is not like a reflection in a mirror, but an associative reflection like the rays of the sun. *
*Superphysics Note: A mirror just lets light bounce off. But other solids reflect light by assimilating a part of that light, as to give color.
“Prota yoga” is the association of the Macrocosmic Nucleus with the Cosmic Mind or creation, whereby He functions as the witnessing entity for that creation as a whole.
- His association with the unit minds in collectivity is also called prota yoga.
- The process of crudification only has prota yoga.
“Ota yoga” is the association of the Macrocosmic Nucleus with the unit minds separately and individually, whereby He functions as the witnessing entity for each individual unit mind.
- The process of subtlification has both prota and ota yoga.